Gestão | Vendas | Marketing | Histórias | VESPAS | Coisas boas e um pouco de tudo
O que penso, o que eu crítico, os meus textos, textos dos outros, informações interessantes de oitava coluna e outras que eu acho engraçadas (I hope). Junto algumas fotos e tudo o mais que me vier à mona.
Content by myself and some other stuff.
Quote - If you think education is expensive, try ignorance
Quote - What you know is worth more than you know
Hello. My name is Tim Sackett, and I’m a hugger. Being a hugger can make for some awkward moments – what if the other person isn’t expecting a, or doesn’t want to, hug and you’re coming in arms-wide-open!?
“the uncomfortable feeling you get when you realize that your concept of your relationship with someone else doesn’t match their concept. The intensity of awkwardness roughly corresponds to the magnitude of difference in relationship concepts.”
I consider myself to have a number of roles: Husband, Dad, Coach, Boss, Friend, Coworker, etc. In each of those roles I’ve hugged and will continue to hug. Sometimes, though rarely, I’ll find someone who isn’t a hugger. The first time I ever met Kris Dunnface-to-face, we’ve had known each other and talked frequently by phone for a year, at the HR Tech Conference – he was coming out of a session, I recognized him, he recognized me, and I went full ‘bro-hug’ (sideways handshake, other arm hug-back slap combo) on him, and I’m pretty sure he was caught off guard – but played along. Kris is a closet hugger. Jason Seiden, he’s a hugger. So are Laurie Ruettimann and Dawn Burke. I find Southern folks are huggers, more than Northern. Western more than Eastern. Canadians more than Americans. Men feel much more comfortable hugging women than other men. Women will hug anything.
I thought it was about time we had some hugging rules for the office, so here goes:
The Hugging Rules
1. Don’t Hug those you supervise. (The caveats: You can hug a subordinate if: it’s being supportive in a non-creepy way (major family or personal loss – sideways, kind of arm around the shoulder, you care about them hug); it’s at a wedding and you are congratulating them; it’s a hug for a professional win (promotion, giant sale, big project completion, etc.) and it’s with a group, not alone in your office with the lights off; you would feel comfortable with your spouse standing next you and watching that specific hug.)
2. Hug your external customers or clients when they initiate hugging sequence. (The caveats: Don’t hug if: it is required to get business – that’s not hugging, that harassment. Don’t let hug last more than a second or two, or it gets creepy; Don’t mention the hug afterwards, that makes you seem creepy!)
3. Don’t Hug the office person you’re having an affair with in the office. (no explanation needed)
4. Hug peers, not just every day. (It’s alright to hug, but you don’t need to do it everyday for people you see everyday. Save some up and make it special!)
5. When you Hug, hug for real. (Nothing worse than the ‘fake hug’! A fake hug is worse than a non-Hug.)
6. Don’t whisper – ‘You smell good’ – when hugging someone professionally. (That’s creepy – in fact don’t whisper anything while hugging!)
7. Don’t close your eyes while hugging professionally. (That’s weird and a bit stalkerish)
8. It is alright to announce a Hug is coming. (Some people will appreciate a – ‘Hey! Come here I’m giving you a hug – it’s been a long time!’)
9. It’s never alright to Hug from behind. (Creepier!)
10. Never Hug in the restroom. (Make for awkward moment when other employees walk in and see that.)
11. If you’re questioning yourself whether it will be alright to Hug someone professionally – that is your cue that it probably isn’t.
"22º EVENTO BESIDE – Networking. Como desenvolver uma rede de contactos profissionais.
4 horas em ponto e Pedro Loureiro lança a sessão. Entra João Paulo Marques que explica o que é o Smartsharing. Uma plataforma inteligente - assente no endosso - que permite ao utilizador receber benefícios ao partilhar produtos, serviços, eventos ou marcas no Facebook e Smartphones e d...isponível por QR Code, NFC ou Weblink. As marcas, em troca da concessão de vouchers electrónicos, ganham uma notoriedade veloz. Mas o João deixa mensagens importantes. Fala da importância da equipa, da contratação de um optimista e da necessidade de se agregarem competências para a incessante procura de novas soluções e de novos clientes. Todas as empresas têm de ser visíveis, comunicar bem e seriamente e o poder de uma recomendação vale ouro na competição pelo mercado. O resultado pretendido é o aumento da reputação social de produtos, serviços ou marcas na internet. ..."
ATENÇÃO - A LOTAÇÃO DO AUDITÓRIO É DE 60 PESSOAS ENTRARÃO AS PRIMEIRAS SESSENTA A CHEGAR. OBRIGADA
16h00 - Abertura ... 16h05 - Apresentação do projecto Smartsharing - João Paulo Marques e Hugo Trovão
16h30 - Enquadramento da sessão, tema e oradores - Pedro Loureiro
16h45 - Intervenção - Aida Chamiça - O EFEITO BOOMERANG DO NETWORKING
17h15 - Networking
17h30 - Conversa entre oradores e participantes Tema: o que a empresas procuram em termos de competências e o que os profissionais podem adaptar à procura (continuação do evento anterior): Nuno Fraga, Filipa Leite de Castro, José Bleck e Aida Chamiça
18h00 - Mesa redonda – NETWORKING, COMO FAZER?
Moderador: Pedro Janela João Vasconcelos | Startup Lisboa + Rodolfo Oliveira | Bloomcast / BESIDE
18h45 - Conclusão/fecho da sessão
NOTA: Atendendo a que a sala tem uma lotação de 60 pessoas, pedimos que as pessoas que tiverem interesse em participar adiram nesta página. Obrigada